Friday, October 11, 2019

My future job

I'll start saying that this is the most frequent topic in my conversations (included conversations with myself) since last 2 or 3 weeks.
Fourth year of university is the moment to question everything, and think about what you like to your future. I know that sounds some dramatic, but in my case it's real. Physical Anthropology is so varied, so that, there are a little concrete jobs, unless you decide to work research.

Personally, I really like Forensic Anthropology, so I hope can work in this area in the not-so-distant future, specially about Dental Anthropology. I ldon't like indoor jobs like engineers glued to some screen, but the work in the laboratory is different and I love it, as study bones. Obviously there are some basic rules, like use the white apron and don't let your hair down.
More often than usual, the people ask me if my career is like the TV series (like "Bones"), and I must say sadly no.

Related to this, I think the work is more static. That is there are not many trips and it's a shame 'cause I like to travel. The good thing about it is the stability.

Salary always is important, but I don't expect turn into a millonaire with this, just live quietly and do what I love. Ok, that sounds cliché.




1 comment:

  1. That's an interesting job! I hope you achieve your goals!
    Regards! (=

    ReplyDelete